Mushrooms…for dessert?! With these chewy, chocolaty brownie bites your dinner guests will never know the medicinal goodness you’ve snuck inside. The key to this recipe is Farmacopia’s Radical Immune Powder – a shroom-filled superfood powder featuring four key immuno-modulating mushroom extracts: Reishi, Turkey Tail, Maitake, and Cordyceps. Those, plus antiviral supportive Astragalus, earthy carob, and sweet lucuma, make it a natural fit for any robusty-chocolately-coffee-ish dish.
With a treat like this, maybe it’s not so bad to indulge??
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, cold
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Radical Immune Powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease 8 by 8-inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk. Beat by hand for 3 minutes or more. Use electric mixture for crispier top crust. Stir in the coconut oil and Radical Immune and cocoa powders.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center has moist crumbs attached. Do not overcook. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.